Tuesday, May 10, 2011

05.10.11 8.15.pm

Everyday, someone (who I've yet to actually see) comes into my backyard and feeds the feral cats that are living in the garage and in the crawl space under the house. Even though I've never seen them, I know they come because they move boards around in front of the garage door and sometimes they leave the gate to the backyard open when I know I've latched it the night before. I'm fairly certain it's the woman who lives two houses down, though since I've never caught her in the act of doing it, I can't say for sure. 

Tonight, I left her a note taped to the garage door "respectfully requesting" that she please stop feeding the cats. It's not that I want them to starve and I know they'll go find food elsewhere if they're no longer receiving it here. Besides the fact that they are a major health hazard to me and my allergies, they have made the garage completely unusable due to the sheer amount of cat feces that covers the floor. I'm certain that if the city saw the state of the garage that we would be cited for it. It's absolutely disgusting. If she likes the cats so much, she can start feeding them at her house and let them ruin her garage. 

I'm curious to see if she'll actually stop feeding them here. And if she'll write back...

No comments:

Post a Comment